You may think you know all there is to know about your carpets and how to clean them. But cleaning your carpets, draperies and furnishings goes well beyond the occasional vacuuming or wash.
Here are some important things you should know about carpet cleaning…
1) Pre-vacuum: Many carpet cleaning professionals will perform a thorough pre-vacuuming of your flooring prior to engaging in the actual cleaning, for a small extra fee. This will get up all the loose pet hair, dirt, pollen and other contaminants so they don’t get wet and imbed themselves into the carpet’s base during cleaning.
2) Not all cleaning systems are the same: Always ask what kind of cleaning system the carpet cleaning team uses. Not all systems are created equal. For instance, here at 1st Class, we have truck-mounted steam cleaning machines as part of the Butler System, powered by a V-8 motor to result in a strong, steady stream of power that ensures consistent suction. Plus, we keep our water temperature at 200 degrees Fahrenheit to kill off all viruses, pathogens and other harmful irritants. We also take the time to fully dry out your carpets with fans and other machinery; not all companies do this.
3) Stain removal: Professional carpet cleaning should be able to get out most stains during the steam cleaning process. Our methods access the base of the carpet pile to lift out even the most stubborn stains.
4) Odors: Carpet cleaning should also be able to remove odors from pets, food stains, water damage, etc. We offer pet stain and odor removal as part of our carpet cleaning services, along with carpet deodorizers that eliminate those funky smells.
5) Carpet grooming: Your carpet should be groomed after cleaning to ensure the pile is all headed in the same direction, and to separate the fibers to hasten dry times.
6) Dust mites: Did you know steam cleaning gets rid of dust mites? These are microscopic parasites that eat dead skin cells shed by humans. Dust mites also shed their own skin, which can bring on allergic reactions and respiratory distress.
7) Mold and bacteria: You may pride yourself on vacuuming your carpets weekly, but this isn’t enough – especially when it comes to killing mold, viruses and bacteria. Mold and bacteria will bury themselves deep in the carpet’s pile, hiding out there until properly extracted.
8) Home value: The cleaner and healthier your home is, the higher its market value. If you’re looking to sell soon, getting your carpets cleaned by professionals can add value in the eyes of prospective buyers.
Now that you know the value of carpet cleaning, it’s time to ask: when’s the last time you had your carpets cleaned?
Contact 1st Class Carpet Cleaning and Restoration Services
If you want your carpet to be truly clean, you need professional attention on a regular basis. To get a free quote on our proven carpet cleaning services, contact us at (248) 491-3088. Remember, our licensed, insured and bonded team offers a 48-hour guarantee!